Re: Dell WD19TB Thunderbolt Dock not working with kernel > 6.6.28-1

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 22, 2024 at 05:44:18PM +0200, Rick wrote:
> Hi Mario,
>
> I apologize. I think I mixed up the versions between linux-lts and linux
> kernel.
>
> linux-6.6.28-1-lts works:
> https://gist.github.com/ricklahaye/610d137b4816370cd6c4062d391e9df5
> linux-6.6.57-1-lts works:
> https://gist.github.com/ricklahaye/48d5a44467fc29abe2b4fd04050309d7
>
> linux-6.11.4-arch2-1 doesn't work:
> https://gist.github.com/ricklahaye/3b13a093e707acd0882203a56e184d3f
> linux-6.11.4-arch2-1 with host_reset on 0 also doesn't work:
> https://gist.github.com/ricklahaye/ea2f4a04f7b9bedcbcce885df09a0388

Looks like some sort of connectivity issue to me.

However, can you first drop the "pcie_aspm=force" from the command line
and see if that has any affect. Probably does not but I suggest not to
keep it unless you really know that you want force ASPM on all PCIe
links (this may cause issues with some devices).

Anyways, even the working -lts ones you see the link goes down and up
which is not expected (unless you unplugged and plugged it back). Some
devices that are not Thunderbolt certified have this kinds of issues.
The cable could make difference too. Is it Thunderbolt 4 cable or
regular one?