It is correct to introduce new sys calls to stable versions?

Hi, Greg

I saw you have included commit 7697a0fe0154 ("LoongArch: Define
__ARCH_WANT_NEW_STAT in unistd.h") in your stable trees, which
actually introduced new sys calls newfstatat and fstat to Loongarch.

I wonder if it is correct to add new syscalls, which actually changes
the kernel features, in stable releases, as it might confuse downstream
developers because they may assume the existence of a certain feature
after a certain version.

Cheers,

Miao Wang