Xinput Controllers No Longer Working

Good Morning,

I was reaching out to report that there's been a regression in the
latest stable 6.9.4 kernel. I'm using Fedora 40 and 6.9.4 just got
pushed to the repos recently. Upon updating, my wired USB Xinput
controllers no longer get detected.

I've tried two 8BitDo controllers, the one being the 8BitDo Pro 2
Bluetooth (with a USB cable) and the other being the 8BitDo Pro 2
Wired Controller for Xbox. Neither of them are being detected on
Kernel 6.9.4, despite previously working throughout the lifetime of
Fedora 40's 6.8.x kernel versions, the latest being 6.8.11. I've also
tried the vanilla kernel, as well as the latest vanilla mainline
kernel from Fedora's COPR: 6.10.0-0.rc4.337.vanilla.fc40.x86_64.

To reproduce, simply load Kernel 6.9.4+ and plug a USB controller in
with XInput (either an Xbox controller or something else that emulates
one). It won't be detected. I plugged in a PS5 controller and it
worked, but when I plugged in an Xbox Series S controller, it didn't
work. The 8BitDo Pro 2 Bluetooth controller has four different
settings (Switch, Android, DirectInput, Xinput), and it was detected
and worked on every setting except for the Xinput setting. Reverting
to version 6.8.11 fixes the issues immediately.

--

Respectfully,

Edward Wawrzynski