Re: Bug in Kernel 6.8.x, 6.9.x Causing Trace/Panic During Shutdown/Reboot

On Wed, 29 May 2024 21:36:08 +0300
Ilkka Naulapää <digirigawa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> applied your patch without others, so trace and panic there.
> Screenshot attached. Also tested kernels backward and found out that

Bah, it's still in an RCU callback, which doesn't tell us why a
normal inode is being sent to the trace inode free list.

> this trace bug first triggered on 6.6-rc1.

Hmm, that's when eventfs was added.

> Let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Let me make a debug patch (that crashes on this issue) for that kernel,
and perhaps you could bisect it?

Thanks!

-- Steve