Re: [REGRESSION] Thunderbolt Host Reset Change Causes eGPU Disconnection from 6.8.7=>6.8.8

[CCing Mario, who asked for the two suspected commits to be backported]

On 06.05.24 14:24, Gia wrote:
> Hello, from 6.8.7=>6.8.8 I run into a similar problem with my Caldigit
> TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 dock.
>
> After the update I see this message on boot "xHCI host controller not
> responding, assume dead" and the dock is not working anymore. Kernel
> 6.8.7 works great.

Thx for the report. Could you make the kernel log (journalctl -k/dmesg)
accessible somewhere?

And have you looked into the other stuff that Mario suggested in the
other thread? See the following mail and the reply to it for details:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/1eb96465-0a81-4187-b8e7-607d85617d5f@xxxxxxxxx/T/#u

Ciao, Thorsten

P.S.: To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the cracks unnoticed,
I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression tracking bot:

#regzbot ^introduced v6.8.7..v6.8.8
#regzbot title thunderbolt: TB3 dock problems, xHCI host controller not
responding, assume dead