Re: Regression : Latitude 5500 do not always go to true sleep mode

Dear Thorsten,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'd love to give a more precise bug report, but it's not so easy (see below), so my hope was that this would ring a bell to some devs here with a trivial fix to apply, especially as I see surprisingly many people with this issue (3 people reported similar regressions in my threads). Since it seems not to be the case, I'll try to bisect … But it might take quite some time as it is not so easy to do as I can't find:

1) a deterministic way to trigger the bug (sometimes it goes to sleep correctly, sometimes not) Even worse, I feel like some kernel versions are "less buggy", for instance, I tried 6.1 and I only experienced a single complete battery drop, and 2 drops of 20% (which never occurred before), while on 6.6, it was significantly more often in my (short) experience. But this might just be statistical bias. 2) a simple way to check if the bug occurred (waiting for my battery to drop is not really optimal)

I'll let you know if I have some progress…

Cheers,
Léo