Re: Regression : Latitude 5500 do not always go to true sleep mode

On 29.03.24 16:21, Léo COLISSON wrote:

> Since I upgraded my system (from NixOs release
> 2caf4ef5005ecc68141ecb4aac271079f7371c44, running linux 5.15.90, to
> b8697e57f10292a6165a20f03d2f42920dfaf973, running linux 6.6.19), my
> system started to experience a weird behavior : when closing the lid,
> the system does not always go to a true sleep mode : when I restart it,
> the battery is drained. Not sure what I can try here.
>
> You can find more information on my tries here, with some journalctl logs :
>
> - https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/299464
>
> -
> https://discourse.nixos.org/t/since-upgrade-my-laptop-does-not-go-to-sleep-when-closing-the-lid/42243/2

Thx for the report, but the sad reality is: I doubt that any kernel
developer will look into the report unless you perform a bisection to
find the change that causes the problem. That's because the report lacks
details and this kind of problem can be caused by various areas of the
kernels, so none of the developer will feel responsible to take a closer
look. From a quick look into your log it seems you are also using
out-of-tree drivers that taint the kernel, which is another reason why
it's unlikely that anyone will take a closer look.

For further details on reporting issues and mistakes many people make
(and you might want to avoid in case you want to submit a improve
report), see:

https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-issues.html
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/post/frequent-reasons-why-linux-kernel-bug-reports-are-ignored/

Ciao, Thorsten