Re: [REGRESSION] kexec does firmware reboot in kernel v6.7.6

On 3/12/24 20:43, Steve Wahl wrote:
But I don't want to introduce a new command line parameter if the
actual problem can be understood and fixed.  The question is how much
time do I have to persue a direct fix before some other action needs
to be taken?

Perhaps the kexec maintainers [0] can be made aware of this and you could coordinate with them on a potential fix?

Currently maintained by
P:      Simon Horman
M:      horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx
L:      kexec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope the root cause can be fixed instead of patching it over with a flag to suppress the problem, but I don't know how regressions are handled here.

[0]: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/kernel/kexec/kexec-tools.git/tree/AUTHORS

Pavin.