Re: [REGRESSION] kexec does firmware reboot in kernel v6.7.6

On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 05:39:32AM -0500, Eric Hagberg wrote:
> To add another datapoint to this - I've seen the same problem on Dell
> PowerEdge R6615 servers... but no others.
>
> The problem also crept into the 6.1.79 kernel with the commit
> mentioned earlier, and is fixed by reverting that commit. Adding
> nogbpages to the kernel command line can cause the failure to
> reproduce on that hardware as well.

Eric,

What Linux Distribution are you running on that machine?  My guess
would be that this is not distro related; if you are running something
quite different from Pavin that would confirm this.

I found an AMD based system to try to reproduce this on. The 6.7.7
kernel doesn't seem to have a problem in the machine's existing RHEL
environment.  I think it's likely that this system's hardware doesn't
have the characteristics that bring this problem to the surface.  But
I will be trying OpenSUSE Tumbleweed on it if I can.

Thanks,

--> Steve

--
Steve Wahl, Hewlett Packard Enterprise