Re: [REGRESSION] boot fails for EFI boot stub loaded by u-boot

On 10/21/23 02:07, Ben Schneider wrote:
Oct 20, 2023, 01:25 by ben@xxxxxxxxx:

Oct 19, 2023, 07:21 by heinrich.schuchardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Compiling upstream U-Boot's qemu_arm64_defconfig yields lib/efi_loader/dtbdump.efi. If you run this instead of the kernel, you can write the device-tree as it is passed in a configuration table to the ESP.

I compiled and ran this fine, but I was unable to save the device tree. I suspect this is because the program searches for an ESP, and there is none on the device. U-boot was compiled with support to load directly from an ext4 filesystem so I didn't bother setting one up. I will work on it.

Hi Heinrich, I loaded dtbdump.efi from a FAT32 formatted partition with type EFI System, but attempts to run the save command return "Failed to open simple file system protocol". Sorry if there is something else I am missing.

On upstream U-Boot I cannot see this problem.

Best regards

Heinrich