Re: USB_NET_AX8817X dependency on AX88796B_PHY

> I take this to mean you think that the built-in ax88772C PHY should
> work out of the box with 5.10,
> and if it doesn't then this presumably means there's something wrong
> at the usb controller level.
> (hopefully I'll get a second unit and be able to confirm this...)

Just to follow up on this.

I got my hands on a second identical adapter (the one that got the bug
filed in the first place).

It behaves (ie. fails) in exactly the same way.
ie. dmesg (on multiple devices, but only on some usb-c ports) doesn't
even show usb connect events, nothing on lsusb (of course), etc.

(The fact that both of these adapters work on exactly the same 1 of 2
usb-c ports on my lenovo thinkpad laptop is particularly weird...
you'd think those would be identical...)

I'm going to blame this on usb controller compatibility issues.

I'll have to track down someone with a usb wire sniffer and a desire
to debug this further.