Re: Possible build time regression affecting stable kernels

On 2023-06-01 14:10, Paul Moore wrote:

On Thu, Jun 1, 2023 at 1:05 PM Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2023-06-01 11:45, Paul Moore wrote:

I don't want to block on fixing the kernel build while I keep chasing
some esoteric build behavior so I'm just going to revert the patch
with a note to revisit this when we require make >= 4.3.

Regardless, thanks for the report and the help testing, expect a
patch/revert shortly ...

Thank you Paul, I really appreciate your fast response. I'd also
appreciate if you CC me in the revert patch so that I don't loose
track of it.

And please add a cc: stable@ to it too :)

Done, and done.  I just sent the patch so give it a few minutes if you
haven't seen it yet.  I'll leave it for a few hours in case anyone can
give it a test build before I send it up to Linus.

Thanks Paul, I can test it but it may take more than a few hours for me.

- Luiz