Re: AUTOSEL process

Hi Sasha,

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 07:52:39PM -0500, Sasha Levin wrote:
> > Sasha, 7 days is too short.  People have to be allowed to take holiday.
>
> That's true, and I don't have strong objections to making it longer. How
> often did it happen though? We don't end up getting too many replies
> past the 7 day window.
>
> I'll bump it to 14 days for a few months and see if it changes anything.

I see that for recent AUTOSEL patches you're still using 7 days.  In fact, it
seems you may have even decreased it further to 5 days:

    Sent Mar 14: https://lore.kernel.org/stable/20230314124435.471553-2-sashal@xxxxxxxxxx
    Commited Mar 19: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git/commit/?id=69aaf98f41593b95c012d91b3e5adeb8360b4b8d

Any update on your plan to increase it to 14 days?

I hope you can understand why I have to ask you --- you are the only person who
can change your own policy.

Thanks,

- Eric