Re: Too many BDL entries regression

On 04.03.23 16:53, Laurent Lyaudet wrote:

> I filled a bug report to Ubuntu also :
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/2009271

That's the right thing to do, as it's definitely something the Ubuntu
folks caused if its recent.

To quote https://docs.kernel.org/admin-guide/reporting-issues.html

"Are you facing an issue with a Linux kernel a hardware or software
vendor provided? Then in almost all cases you are better off to stop
reading this document and reporting the issue to your vendor instead […]"

In an ideal world it would not be like that, but we don't live in one.

The reference section of above document explains this aspect in more
detail, albeit it doesn't really explain one aspect that is quite
relevant in this case here: the kernel.org community doesn't maintain
5.19.y anymore, it was deemed "end of life" months ago. But if you can
reproduce the issue with the latest mainline release, feel free to raise
as outlined in above document.

HTH, Ciao, Thorsten