Process question about dropped patches

Hey Greg and Sasha - I'm starting to think through how I can monitor for
dropped stable patches that touch certain file paths in order to help
out with backporting. I've come across a few examples where Greg's
automated emails point out that the patch couldn't be applied to a
certain series but then the patch shows up in a future -rc release
without anyone submitting a fixed backport to the list. An example:

FAILED email: https://lore.kernel.org/stable/1664091338227131@xxxxxxxxx/
-rc review email: https://lore.kernel.org/stable/20221003070722.143782710@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Is this just a case of one of you manually doing the backports (or
dependency resolution) yourselves or are folks directly sending you
backports?

This isn't a problem for me, BTW. I just want to make sure that I
understand the process. Thanks!

Tyler