Re: Forward: Re: [opensuse-kernel] factory armv7l builds broken by omapdrm, patch available

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 06:16:51PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> could you cherry-pick the commit 2d31ca3ad7d5d44c8adc7f253c96ce33f3a2e931
>      drm: omapdrm: fix compiler errors
>
> to stable kernel?  It landed to Linus tree, but Cc to stable was
> missing in the commit.

I wasn't aware that it affected stable kernels - I'm sorry, but I don't
have time to research the build errors which my autobuilder finds.  I'm
not here to clean up after people's lack of proper build testing - it's
their responsibility to ensure that they do adequate build testing
prior to submitting code.

I'm getting to be of the opinion that should people ignore printk format
errors and other serious compiler warnings for more than two cycles, the
offending code should be deleted from the kernel tree as it seems obvious
that no one cares about the quality of that code...

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 9.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.