Re: [GIT 4.9] LSM,security,selinux,smack: Backport of LSM changes

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 12:44:34PM +0200, Alexander Grund wrote:
> > Please just send them to us in patch form like all other stable
> > submissions.
>
> Sorry I'm new to this kernel list. I'll send 1 patch of this series in a new mail (as a test).
> Please bear with me if there are any mistakes, the next ones will then be better.

As my bot says, this is all documented:

<formletter>

This is not the correct way to submit patches for inclusion in the
stable kernel tree.  Please read:
    https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/stable-kernel-rules.html
for how to do this properly.

</formletter>

Make sure the patches you are submitting follows those rules on what is
able to be accepted.

> The Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) e.g. maintains LTS kernel trees which are now End of Life but still used.
> They call that SLTS ("Super Long Term Support") and there is e.g. a 4.4.y branch with backports from the 4.9.y LTS branch.
> That kernel is e.g. used in many Android phones.

What 4.4.y Android devices are still supported by their vendors?  And
are they still getting kernel updates?

thanks,

greg k-h