CPU excessively long times between frequency scaling driver calls - bisected

Hi All,

Note before: I do not know If I have the e-mail address list correct,
nor am I actually a member of the x86 distribution list. I am on
the linux-pm email list.

When using the intel_pstate CPU frequency scaling driver with HWP disabled,
active mode, powersave scaling governor, the times between calls to the driver
have never exceeded 10 seconds.

Since kernel 5.16-rc4 and commit: b50db7095fe002fa3e16605546cba66bf1b68a3e
" x86/tsc: Disable clocksource watchdog for TSC on qualified platorms"

There are now occasions where times between calls to the driver can be
over 100's of seconds and can result in the CPU frequency being left
unnecessarily high for extended periods.