Re: Kernel 5.12.10 and 5.12.9 freezing after boot-up with while sound output is looping

Hello,

Kernel versions back to 5.9 were freezing on my machine. Which clearly indicated that something was wrong with my hardware: I pinpointed the issue to my BIOS. I had a few CPU options toggled on: "Global C states control", "Collaborative Processor Performance Control (CPPC)" and "CPPC Prefered cores". Toggling those settings back to "auto" (which means probably it's off ?) prevented the issue from happening since then. Note that the hardware these freezes was happening on is a AMD Ryzen 5950X with a X570 chipset motherboard.

Thank you

Kind regards,

Adel KARA SLIMANE