Re: Kernel 5.12.10 and 5.12.9 freezing after boot-up with while sound output is looping

Hello,

I decided to test first the ALSA changes, which happen to be the commits right after v5.12.8, and the very first commit of the series, `73d862c55 ALSA: hda/realtek: the bass speaker can't output sound on Yoga 9i` made the freeze happen (although it took some time when compared to f3c23683d and 59ef5291f).

I am ready and willing to help further on the matter.

Kind regards,

Adel K.S.

On 2021-06-14 11:03, Adel Kara Slimane wrote:
Hello,

Yes I can, I will do then report back. It will take me some time as I
only know how to do it manually.

Thank you for your help,

Adel

Jun 14, 2021 07:17:59 Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 08:19:37PM +0200, adel.ks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

I am encountering an issue where my system freezes entirely after a random but short time after boot-up: the computer does not react to any user input, be it mouse, keyboard or plugging-unplugging peripherals.  The image on screen remains still and does not go black. Any sound that was playing at the moment of the freeze loops indefinitely with a period of around 1s. I
have the intuition that the issue is sound related because of that.

Some additional information with this issue
- Only happens only with the latest stable releases of the kernel:  5.12.9 and 5.12.10 . 5.12.8  does not have this issue. I have not tested other
kernel version, e.g. LTS 5.10 , to see if it's a change that got
back-ported.

Any chance you can run 'git bisect' to find the offending change?
That's the easiest way to fix this up.

thanks,

greg k-h