Re: [patch 2/5] drivers/base/memory.c: indicate all memory blocks as removable

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 12:55:09PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 12:43 PM Konstantin Ryabitsev
> <konstantin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > It would appear that the workflow Andrew uses to queue up patches from
> > you isn't expecting quoted-printable formatting, which is why when Linus
> > gets them, they are mangled.
>
> I don't think that's the case.
>
> Why? Because I see _proper_ handling of MIME and quoted-printable from
> Andrew all the time.

Hmm... You are correct. I see that Naohiro Aota's original patch was
also QP-encoded. I'm just as confused as everyone, then. :) As far as I
can tell, there is no meaningful difference between David's emails and
Naohiro's:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20200206090132.154869-1-naohiro.aota@xxxxxxx/raw
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20200128093542.6908-1-david@xxxxxxxxxx/raw

David's original patch is well-formed and the only notable difference
between the two is that there's a line of ==== in Nahorio's email that
makes it immediately obvious that the message needs to be decoded before
it can be used.

-K