Re: Patch "coredump: fix race condition between mmget_not_zero()/get_task_mm() and core dumping" has been added to the 4.4-stable tree

On Wed, 2019-06-05 at 08:50 +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
> On Tue 04-06-19 16:51:38, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> [...]
> > - I don't understand why collapse_huge_range() needs to be fixed, but
> > then I really don't understand the khugepaged code at all!  So I would
> > trust Michal on this.
>
> To be honest, I am not really sure myself here. But we are using a
> remote mm there and I do not see anything that would prevent from racing
> with exit/coredump. Maybe I am wrong. Let's wait for Andrea for his
> review feedback. This patch is quite tricky for the stable backport.

So, Greg, it seems like you should drop this from the current stable
round.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings, Software Developer                         Codethink Ltd
https://www.codethink.co.uk/                 Dale House, 35 Dale Street