Re: Patch "coredump: fix race condition between mmget_not_zero()/get_task_mm() and core dumping" has been added to the 4.4-stable tree

On Tue, 2019-06-04 at 17:07 +0200, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 04, 2019 at 04:52:31PM +0200, Michal Hocko wrote:
> > Please note that I have posted my backport today
> > http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20190604094953.26688-1-mhocko@xxxxxxxxxx and it
> > differs from this one. Please have a look!
>
> Ah, good point, I just noticed that.  Ben, any thoughts as to the
> difference?

- The additional fix in binder makes sense to me, and is also needed in
4.9.  I'm not sure why I missed it.

- I don't understand why collapse_huge_range() needs to be fixed, but
then I really don't understand the khugepaged code at all!  So I would
trust Michal on this.

- The userfaultfd fixes look different because I picked "userfaultfd:
don't pin the user memory in userfaultfd_file_create()" first and
Michal did not.  I don't think it makes sense to be calling
mmget_still_valid() in these functions if they don't use
mmget_not_zero() or similar.  But again, Michal is the expert here.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings, Software Developer                         Codethink Ltd
https://www.codethink.co.uk/                 Dale House, 35 Dale Street