Re: + panic-avoid-the-extra-noise-dmesg.patch added to -mm tree

On (12/05/18 10:47), Feng Tang wrote:

> Btw, just FYI,  I just tried the sysrq (using minicom CTL + A + F + 'magic key'),
> it works with system is running, but failed after I trigger a panic, I will
> check more though I'm not very familiar with sysrq yet.

Thanks! I'm not entirely sure if people still do this. I just saw the
code in linux 2.4 and assumed that this still might be the case.

Well, "theoretically, why not" :) The system can panic() because
of misbehaving video driver, for instance, so the emergency sync
still should be possible.

But maybe it's all irrelevant, I don't know.

	-ss