Re: Patch "Revert "mlx5: move affinity hints assignments to generic code"" has been added to the 4.14-stable tree

So things are broken in Linus's tree?

I wasn't aware that this landed in Linus tree.

CC'ing DaveM.

Usually reverting is the safe thing to do, we should just be now back at
the state the code was in before the patch, or has something else
changed here?

The patch title is misleading, its not a revert, but rather a partial
unwind of code addition. The breakage lives on the RDMA interface of
the driver (which has interfaces to net and infiniband) as some RDMA
kernel consumers are relying on the affinity assignments done when
passing PCI_IRQ_AFFINITY to pci_alloc_irq_vectors(). The fix is pretty
simple, but as said, wasn't submitted yet.

I assume that this went in because the review came a after dave took it.