Re: Patch "Revert "mlx5: move affinity hints assignments to generic code"" has been added to the 4.14-stable tree

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 12:47:57PM +0200, Sagi Grimberg wrote:

> > This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
> >
> >      Revert "mlx5: move affinity hints assignments to generic code"
> >
> > to the 4.14-stable tree which can be found at:
> >      http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary
> >
> > The filename of the patch is:
> >       revert-mlx5-move-affinity-hints-assignments-to-generic-code.patch
> > and it can be found in the queue-4.14 subdirectory.
> >
> > If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
> > please let <stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> know about it.
>
> This patch in its current form, breaks nvme-rdma affinity settings. I've
> mentioned that in the patch review and Saeed promised to send a fix for
> it (which I haven't seen so far).

So things are broken in Linus's tree?

Usually reverting is the safe thing to do, we should just be now back at
the state the code was in before the patch, or has something else
changed here?

thanks,

greg k-h