Re: Patch "Fix TLB gather virtual address range invalidation corner" has been added to the 3.10-stable tree

On Sun, 2013-08-18 at 11:57 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM,  <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
> >
> >     Fix TLB gather virtual address range invalidation corner
> >
> > to the 3.10-stable tree
>
> So just a note: the original bug was introduced well back into 3.6,
> but it's pretty much impossible to hit until commit 53a59fc67f97 that
> hit 3.8.
>
> *However*, that commit was also back-ported to at least the 3.7 stable
> series, so now the bug exists in all kernels v3.7.2 and newer.
>
> I don't know which stable kernels are "live" any more (looks like 3.7
> to 3.9 are all EOL as far as you are concerned), but it might be a
> good idea to at least make sure the distros that may use them are
> aware of this. The bug is pretty unlikely, but the symptoms are subtle
> enough (random memory corruption) that it can be very annoying.
>
> OpenSUSE seems to be 3.7-based, but is clearly aware of this (since
> this issue was escalated by Michal). Fedora seems to be 3.10 in both
> F18 and F19 and is thus ok (eventually). Ubuntu might to be affected,
> though (3.8?)

Thanks Linus.  I'll pick this up for the next 3.8 stable cycle
(v3.8.13.8) so Ubuntu and other any other distros following 3.8.y.z[0]
will get it that way.

 -Kamal

[0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Dev/ExtendedStable