Re: Patch "Fix TLB gather virtual address range invalidation corner" has been added to the 3.10-stable tree

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 4:05 PM,  <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>
>     Fix TLB gather virtual address range invalidation corner
>
> to the 3.10-stable tree

So just a note: the original bug was introduced well back into 3.6,
but it's pretty much impossible to hit until commit 53a59fc67f97 that
hit 3.8.

*However*, that commit was also back-ported to at least the 3.7 stable
series, so now the bug exists in all kernels v3.7.2 and newer.

I don't know which stable kernels are "live" any more (looks like 3.7
to 3.9 are all EOL as far as you are concerned), but it might be a
good idea to at least make sure the distros that may use them are
aware of this. The bug is pretty unlikely, but the symptoms are subtle
enough (random memory corruption) that it can be very annoying.

OpenSUSE seems to be 3.7-based, but is clearly aware of this (since
this issue was escalated by Michal). Fedora seems to be 3.10 in both
F18 and F19 and is thus ok (eventually). Ubuntu might to be affected,
though (3.8?)

Other distros?

                 Linus