Re: Question about SCP stalling over VPN

First and foremost, thank you to everyone for your responses. I checked the MTU on both sides and it's currently 1500 so I'm assuming it's not a mismatch. My VPN is a pair of old Netscreen 5xp boxes, and I can't find anything relating to MTU or packet size in the configuration, but I'm still looking.

Secondly, to answer your question John, There is no persistent connection between the servers. I could feasibly set up an NFS share between the two but I have a sneaking suspicion that if the problem is some sort of packet mangling by the VPN during file transfers, the actual mechanism used to transfer the file will be irrelevant. However, I will set this up and test it and report back my results, most likely next Monday.