Re: /var/log/messages internal-sftp time stamp problem

Syy Bak wrote:
I've compiled and successfully installed openssh 5.2p1, having it
configured to chroot users and log to syslog. It was compiled on two
different systems/platforms (RHEL 5.1/i386 and Fedora10/86_64).

All works perfectly fine except one thing where I am not sure whether
it is my mistake somewhere or some sort of bug: time stams from
internal-sftp subsystem are one hour behind systems clock as if
internal-sftp subsystem would only observe UTC (GMT) time zone without
offset and taking into consideration currently set timezone (for
example mine is now GMT+1).

What's probably happening is that the chroot lacks a data file that the C library uses to convert the TZ string into a offset from UTC, probably /etc/localtime. Try copying that into the chroot, and if that's not it try strace'ing the chrooted process to see what it's looking for (eg "strace -o trace=open $pid").

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.