Re: Alternative to -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null ?

David R Green wrote:
> Is it just the warning output you're worried about or the key
> checking?

As I tried to describe in my original post I want disable the key
checking intentionally.

> Can't you supply the "-q" switch to suppress the warning?

Excellent! Or even "-o LogLevel=ERROR". Yes, that takes care of the
warning too! Fantastic. (But it does also remove all other warnings, which I'm guessing might be dangerous...)

So now, to disable host keys without getting warnings, I need to:

ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o
LogLevel=ERROR user@server

Sure wish there was a simpler way to do that, such as:

$ ssh --no-hostkeys user@server
or
$ ssh -o HostKeys=no user@server
or
$ ssh -o HostKeyAlias=none user@server
or
$ ssh -o HostKeyAlias= user@server
or something similar

But I'm assuming from this thread that there isn't. ;-) Thanks, Brian and David, for your time and help.

Peter
--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com