Re: Disable SSH authentication

chaoson wrote:
I'm running openssh-4.3p2.

I need to ability to run a command on trusted machine remotely. So far as I know, we can use two ways to login to remote machine:
1) Provide user name and password
2) Public key authentication
 My question is that can we disable the SSH authentication so that we don't need to either provide user account or the public key? Does anyone has the idea? Thank
You mean a completely non authenticated ssh login? ... kind of defeats the first S of SSH...

If I remember correctly, I think Rsh could do this based on source address/host, but who uses that in the last decade...

Why would you want to do such a thing?

If you really, really, really wanted to do this, you could do it via pam, using UsePAM yes in sshd_config and then set the pam for ssh to accept without checking for any passwords. (Disclaimer: the above may get you shot repeatedly by your wise-cracking local security guru... ;-) )

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
Always open to interesting opportunities