RE: Again with additional info: Problem trying to create 'pass through' with PuTTY and Dropbear

Hi Eric and the rest,

Thanks for your thoughts!

I understand your way of thinking, and it even makes me doubt my solution a bit.
Indeed, you could wonder how VNC server on PC A can listen on port 5900 while PuTTY is also using that port for communicating with the Dropbear server.

I hope and think that the way a tunnel is implemented in general, is in some way transparent to the operating system.
So I think that for a 'remote port forward', PuTTY isn't really listening on the local port that you have configured, but only makes sure in some way that the unencrypted traffic is delivered to that port number.

Anyone else?

Kind regards,
Rik.