[ANNOUNCE] Graphical sshd_config editor

Hello

Since editing sshd_config is not really fun for newbies, I've released
a graphical configuration editor for /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

This editor provides:
- in-line help (extracted from sshd_config man page)
- 2 levels of experience so most complex parameters are hidden from
  newbies
- all default values are clearly shown
- clear indications of configuration customization (the green arrow on
  the graphical interface)

This program provides several user interfaces:
- one graphical with Perl/Tk
- one curses interface with Curses::UI
- one terminal interface with Term::Readline

Once the Perl module is installed, you can run (as root, but please
backup /etc/ssh/sshd_config before):

  # config-edit-sshd

You may want to try it safely first by writing the resulting sshd.conf
elsewhere (in this case you can run this command as a regular user):

  $ config-edit-sshd -write_conf_dir test

If config-edit fails to load your sshd.conf, you can try config-edit-sshd
with -force option.

This module is available on CPAN :

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/Config-Model-OpenSsh/

And here's a screen-shot of the sshd_config editor:

  http://freshmeat.net/screenshots/69123/74589/

from Config::Model::OpenSsh freshmeat page:

  http://freshmeat.net/projects/config-model-openssh/

Unless secureshell mailing list users ask for it, I will not announce
new versions of this tool on this list (well, I may announce the
version that will feature an editor for ssh_config). Please subscribe
to freshmeat announce or to the user mailing list to get more news.

This program is based on Config::Model.  All the parameters of
sshd_config are described in a data structure. So adaptation to users
needs or new version of OpenSsh will be straightforward. For more
informations, please see Config::Model home page:

  http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/

Last but not least, please allow me a call for help. I lack the time
and expertise to create a web interface for Config::Model. This
interface should provide an interface with similar feature as the
graphical interface. If you have the skills and the time to help,
please contact me.

All the best.

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they