ChrootDirectory help

I am trying my hand at building a SFTP server
to replace an FTP server at the company I work
for.  Because the FTP server was chrooted the
powers that be want the SFTP server to likewise
be chrooted.  I was happy to see that the latest
OpenSSH does this but I am having a problem
getting it to work.  When I try to login to my
test acount, I get an error message:

Fatal: unable to initialise SFTP: could not connect

The home folder for the test user is setup to:
drwxr-x---  3 root   test   512 May 23 16:21 test

This user's shell is set to:  /sbin/nologin

The /etc/ssh/sshd_config file has been modified to
include:

Subsystem	sftp	internal-sftp
Match User test
	ForceCommand internal-sftp
	ChrootDirectory %h

I am sure that I am just missing something.  Could
someone point me in the right direction.

thank you.

PS  I have looked in the archive, googled, and read
the man pages.  If the answer is out there, I missed
it.

Stuart van Zee
stuartv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx