Re: Disable OpenSSH Protocol version 1

wc wong wrote:
[...]
For outgoing ssh session, I added the line "Protocol
2" in the ssh_config file of server1 trying to disable
ssh session using version 1 from sending out server1.
From the server1, I tried "ssh -1 user@hostname" to
force it to ssh to a remote server hostname using
version 1. The ssh session proceeded as normal with
version 1. Hence, I could not use the same way to
configure ssh_config to disable outgoing ssh session
using version 1.

Do you have any "Protocol" lines in $HOME/.ssh/config? Those will take precedence over those in the globabl config file.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.