Re: Disable OpenSSH Protocol version 1

Thanks Celestino.

Please read my inline comments.

John
--- Jose Celestino <japc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Words by wc wong [Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 01:18:12PM
> -0800]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I understand that we can disable SSH Protocol
> version
> > 1 in sshd_config file by adding the line "Protocol
> 2".
> > This merely rejects incoming ssh session using
> Version
> > 1.
If I add the line "Protocol 2" in sshd_config of
server1 and "ssh -1 user@server1" from a remote
server, then I got the response "Protocol major
versions differ: 1 vs. 2". This is expected as
incoming ssh session using version 1 is rejected by
the "Protocol 2" line in sshd_config of server1.

> > However, when I tried to disable outgoing ssh
> session
> > from using Version 1 by adding the line "Protocol
> 2"
> > in ssh_config file, it did not work.
> >

> Could you give a little detail on "it did not work"?
For outgoing ssh session, I added the line "Protocol
2" in the ssh_config file of server1 trying to disable
ssh session using version 1 from sending out server1.
>From the server1, I tried "ssh -1 user@hostname" to
force it to ssh to a remote server hostname using
version 1. The ssh session proceeded as normal with
version 1. Hence, I could not use the same way to
configure ssh_config to disable outgoing ssh session
using version 1.

> > Is there any way
> > to disable outgoing ssh session from using Version
> 1?
> >

> -2 on command line forces version 2 only.
I want to disable version 1 by configuration instead
of using command line option.

> -v may also be of use to do some debugging (try
> -vvv)
>
> --
> Jose Celestino

> http://www.msversus.org/     ;
> http://techp.org/petition/show/1
> http://www.vinc17.org/noswpat.en.html

> "If you would have your slaves remain docile, teach
> them hymns."
>     -- Ed Weathers ("The Empty Box")

Looking for last minute shopping deals?