openssh tcp wrappers with banner option

I'm trying to get the tcp wrapper banner option to work with
openssh 4.7p1 for Solaris 8. Is this possible? I do have basic
tcp wrapped functionality, but I'd really like to get the banner
working. Ideally, I'd like to have separate accept banners for
ssh version 1 and version 2. The ssh v1 banner would state to
switch to using version 2 of the protocol. Has anyone tried this?
I currently have sshd defined in my /etc/hosts.allow and in my
/etc/services files. Any recommendations on how to expand my
sshd/tcp wrapper functionality? Thanks.