Re: HPN-SSH Performance vs. OpenSSH/SFTP Performance

I quickly installed this on two systems when I found it, and then scp-ed some stuff across both systems but didn't notice any performance increase for the transfer rates/times on my local gigabit lan, in fact it was slower. Perhaps the benefits are more over slow wan connections...

-h

Hari Sekhon

Mathew Brown wrote:
Hi,
  I just came across the High Performance SSH/SCP - (HPN-SSH) -
  http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/ - and was wondering if
  the HPN patches had been ported to mailine OpenSSH.  If not, what
  suggestions are available for improving the speed of SFTP in local LAN
  environments?  Thanks for your help.