Re: php-8 upgrade left some users unable to login

Hi Paul,

> Just to follow up here - I fixed the problem. It turns out it was an
> > unterminated comment in the css template some users were using.
> Apparently
> > it previously didn't matter with older versions of PHP, but now causes
> the
> > entire application to cease operating. Ridiculous.
>
> Thanks for following up.  Can you indicate what stylesheet that is?  We
> want to fix that if it's something we are distributing.

No, it was one we developed many years ago and set as the default for new
users. It hadn't changed in many, many years - it's surprising that only
now the problem was uncovered and that it would have such a dramatic effect
on users. I guess that's the nature of PHP.

Thanks,
Alex

-----
squirrelmail-users mailing list