Re: Date field for messages in Drafts Folder.

Ted,

On Mon, May 10, 2021 12:18 am, Ted Hatfield wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> A question that I was unable to find an answer for.
>
> I had a user ask a question that I was unable to anser.  When a message is
> placed into the drafts folder the date field is the date/time when the
> message was started not when it was actually sent.
>
> In his instance he started a message and saved it to his drafts folder,
> then picked up the message a week later when he actually completed and
> sent the message.
>
> The sent message showed the date/time when the message was started not
> when the message was actually sent.
>
> I'm running the squirrelmail package from the FreeBSD ports system.
>
> squirrelmail-php73-20200422
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is the intended result or if I need to update
> to the newest version of the 1.43 stable branch to resolve the issue.

This is not exactly intended, but it is the way it is coded -- fair to say
that it's a bug.  There was even a note in the code suggesting that this
may be a problem.  Suffice to say that is has been fixed and will be
available in the next nightly snapshots on our download page (allow 24
hours).

Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,
Paul