Re: Squirrel Mail 1.5.2 SVN and connection to outgoing SMTP server over TLS give me Server error: (0) and link to list over known bugs not working from the bug plugin

> 1. My Hosting company has an outgoing SMTP-server there is open on port 587.
> When I will connect to the server over TLS, I should also use port 587.
>

> Therefore I first has selected "Secure IMAP (TLS)" in the option called
> "SMTP Connection Security", and next entered port 587 in the option called
> "SMTP Server Port".
>

> When I after that go to src/configtest.php in my browser, I see the
> following errors:
>
> "Checking outgoing mail service....
>

> Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: SSL operation failed with code 1.
> OpenSSL Error messages: error:140770FC:SSL
> routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol in
> /var/www/boholdt.com/webmail2/src/configtest.php on line 639
>

> Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: Failed to enable crypto in
> /var/www/boholdt.com/webmail2/src/configtest.php on line 639
>
> Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to
> ssl://smtp.unoeuro.com:587 (Unknown error) in
> /var/www/boholdt.com/webmail2/src/configtest.php on line 639
>
> FATAL ERROR: Error connecting to SMTP server "smtp.unoeuro.com:587".Server
> error: (0)".

Are you sure it requires a TLS connection from the outset? Normally port
587 is used with STARTTLS, where the connection is plaintext and then
upgraded. Sometimes you can connect to port 465 with TLS.

You can test for each by doing a plain telnet on the command line like this:

telnet example.com 587

telnet example.com 465

> 2. When I in Squirrel Mail 1.5.2 SVN log in as administrator, and after that
> go to the bug plugin, and will send bugs to this list, the plugin refer to a
> list for known bugs for Squirrel Mail. This link not work anymore.
>

> I hope that you please can correct the link in a upcoming release of
> Squirrel Mail.

It has been fixed in our source repository, thanks for the report.