Re: File attachment upload fails (1.4.23 SVN)

On 2017年07月03日 07:29, Timothy D Legg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I attach and add a file, I get an error message:
>
> Could not move/copy file. File not attached
>
> and each time I try, a new entry in /var/log/apache2/error.log is generated:
>
> [Mon Jul 03 16:03:01.455914 2017] [:error] [pid 7204] [client
> 184.156.x.y:57053] PHP Warning:  file_exists(): open_basedir restriction
> in effect.
> File(/var/spool/squirrelmail/attach/nEXi661psD7IGoliHjmvpH82lZi52Wb8) is
> not within the allowed path(s):
> (/usr/share/squirrelmail:/etc/squirrelmail:/var/lib/squirrelmail:/etc/hostname:/etc/mailname)
> in /usr/share/squirrelmail/src/compose.php on line 1470, referer:
> https://www.sellfam.com/squirrelmail/src/compose.php?passed_id=9340&mailbox=INBOX&startMessage=1&passed_ent_id=0&smaction=reply
>
> Before checking the logs, I relaxed the permissions on
> /var/spool/squirrelmail/attach/ down to 777 for diagnostics.  I now
> suspect that this is a bad interaction with PHP instead.  Lacking seeing
> any recent postings on this topic, I suspect it's fair to raise it again
> as a lot has probably evolved over the years.
>
> I looked in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini and found that open_basedir is not
> set and holds no value.  So, I'm not certain what the restriction is that
> Squirrelmail is finding.

SquirrelMail is not finding anything; this is a PHP warning message and
thus a problem with your particular system configuration.  As far as I
know, there should be nothing different than the solutions already given
over the years on this mailing list, the SquirrelMail website and the
Internet in general.  If you don't find that setting enabled in your PHP
configuration file, you likely are not looking at the right
configuration file.

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team