Re: having issues attaching more than 4 pictures in an email

>> Been using Centos and Squirrelmail since early in Centos 6 cycle.  IIRC, I used to be able to
>> attach more than 4 pictures to an email.  Now I can't, four seems to be the limit. Picture file
>> size doesn't seem to matter, they can be 50k or 5 meg each. I upped the limits in php.ini for the
>> following parameters to see if this would have any bearing on the issue:
>>
>> post_max_size = 20M
>> upload_max_filesize = 15M
>>
>> The way I see this is that I should be able to attach [more than] four pics of say, size 100K, to
>> an email.  I can't.  Within Squirrelmail I go to 'Compose', put in a recipient, subject title, and
>> in the body of text lets just say I add "test case" (as an example).  Then I go to 'browse',
>> select a [pic] file, click 'add' (which attaches the pic to the email), and repeat this for a
>> total of four files. When I try to attach the fifth pic, the 'email' frame goes blank, nothing
>> shown. To recover the text I can select 'Compose' again and Squirrelmail will state I have an
>> email in 'draft' and do I want to open it. If I click 'ok' I get my email back minus all attached
>> pics.  Cycle repeats itself if I try to attach pic #5.
>>
>> I've googled the web looking to see if others have had this issue, and a buddy helped me a bit,
>> but nothing definite shown to resolve.  I've got to figure its a PHP issue. I'm currently patched
>> to Centos 6.9.
>>
>> Any help appreciated as to what to look for...
>
> I figured out that having multiple_attachments plugin enabled
> prevented me from attaching more
> than 4 files. I moved that plugin to the inactive section and I
> resolved my issue. I also did not
> have the plugin configured, but I don't see anything in there that
> would suggest a max of 4 files
> only be attached.
>
> Thoughts?

I regularly attach more than 4 files of various sizes with that plugin.
You need to show the errors that were happening on your system in order
for anyone to help you.

https://www.squirrelmail.org/docs/admin/admin-11.html#ss11.1

--
Paul Lesniewski