Re: Support of latest standard of mail transfer protocol

Le 11/04/2016 16:48, "André Z.D.A." a écrit :
> Today I received the message:
>
> ========
> Hello,As a user of the Yandex.Mail service via an email client, you will
> not be able
> to send or receive messages through Yandex.Mail after April, 25 2016, if
> your email
> client is one of the older versions of The Bat!, Mail.App, Outlook, or
> Thunderbird,
> which do not support the latest standard of mail transfer protocol.Please
> update
> your email client to a later version (see the detailed instructions for how
> to do this on our Support page), or continue using Yandex.Mail online. You
> can log
> into your web-based Yandex.Mail account at mail.yandex.com using the username
> and password for your email client. If you cannot remember this
> information, use the
> password recovery form.For more information, see the Yandex.Mail Help section
> or send your questions via feedback form.Thank you for using Yandex.Mail,
> Yandex.Mail Team          © 2001—2016 "Yandex"
>
> ========
>
> What is this about?
>
> I have been having some strange problems with Squirrelmail .22 in the last
> weeks or days. Are these problems due these changes?
>
> Will the stable version of Squirrelmail have this and other problems that
> should not exist in "stable versions" fixed?

Hi André,

According to this page[1], the warning you received is referring to
Yandex certificates signature algorithm.

Current certificates is signed using SHA-1 algorithm, which is
considered too weak now. Their are moving to a (new) certificate signed
with SHA-256.

SquirrelMail relies on PHP to initiate and negotiate TLS connections, so
I suggest you check if your version of PHP support SHA-256. I think you
will have no problem if using PHP 5 or 6.

Regards,
Julien

[1] https://yandex.com/support/mail/mail-clients/sha-256.xml