Can't make SquirrelMail have chosen attach size. Why?

I am trying to configure an SM setup to allow attachments in any number, but total size 25 MiB.

I have changed SM's php.ini (and php_ini too, if it should make any difference) after seeing my desired size was not working. Now, calling phpinfo() in the SM root, I have:

memory_limit	300M	300M
post_max_size	50M	50M
upload_max_filesize	20M	20M

But the atachment max size showed on the compose screen didn't change, it's 2M as it was initially.

What should I change now? My configtest output, if useful, is (taken out fixed parts and a few info was changed, nothing important for the question, hopefully):

=======================
SquirrelMail configtest
SquirrelMail version:	1.4.22
Config file version:	1.4.0
Config file last modified:	25 04 2015 20:39:35
 Checking PHP configuration...
     PHP version 5.3.13 OK.
     Running as XXX(1234) / YYY(5678)
     display_errors: 1
     error_reporting: 22519   # what does this mean??
     variables_order OK: EGPCS.
     PHP extensions OK. Dynamic loading is enabled.
 Checking paths...
     Data dir OK.
     Attachment dir OK.
     Plugins OK.
     Themes OK.
     Default language OK.
     Base URL detected as: http://URL/~xxx/base/src (location base autodetected)
 Checking outgoing mail service....
     SMTP server OK (220 smtp.mail.server.com ESMTP ready)
 Checking IMAP service....
     IMAP server ready (* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 ID NAMESPACE X-ID-ACLID UIDPLUS LITERAL+ CHILDREN XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE XYMHIGHESTMODSEQ AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=XYMCOOKIE AUTH=XYMECOOKIE AUTH=XYMCOOKIEB64 AUTH=XYMPKI] IMAP4rev1 imapgate-1.8.1_01.61594 imap506.mail.ne1.server.com)
     Capabilities: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 ID NAMESPACE X-ID-ACLID UIDPLUS LITERAL+ CHILDREN XAPPLEPUSHSERVICE XYMHIGHESTMODSEQ AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=XYMCOOKIE AUTH=XYMECOOKIE AUTH=XYMCOOKIEB64 AUTH=XYMPKI
 Checking internationalization (i18n) settings...
      gettext - Gettext functions are available. On some systems you must have appropriate system locales compiled.
      mbstring - Mbstring functions are available.
      recode - Recode functions are unavailable.
      iconv - Iconv functions are available.
      timezone - Webmail users can change their time zone settings.
 Checking database functions...
     not using database functionality.

Congratulations, your SquirrelMail setup looks fine to me!

André