Re: Working OpenSUSE 13.2 config and Header encoding/charset issue in 1.4.23-svn

This e-mail is both in response to the e-mail below and to my question
in December whether anybody could advice on a working OpenSUSE 13.2
config. (Since other users wanted me to report back.)

I have now applied the patch (v2 for 1.4.) and so far it seems good. I will monitor the behaviour over the next few days.

I had problems with missing subject line characters after (inside?)  the ISO-8859-1 markings, e.g. in this header that now prints correctly:
Subject: ONSDAG: Ericsson: "Det =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=E4r=20rimligt=20att=20vi=20f=E5r?=

     =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=20en=20r=E4ttvis=20kompensation=22?=

I also had problems with raw body text parts that would only display (at all) if I clicked "View as HTML" and that the body text sometimes wasn't quoted at all when replying. These bugs all seem to have been fixed, at least after a quick look at my inbox.

Here's my setup:
OpenSUSE 13.2 64-bit
PHP5 5.6.1-4.1
Apache2 2.4.10-12.1
Squirrelmail 1.4.23 SVN late December 2014 (do these builds have versions?)
Dovecot 2.2-2.1
Postfix 2.11.0-5.2.2 with legacy greylisting (not Postgrey)
in config.php, default language is 'sv_SE' and default charset is 'iso-8859-1'.

I migrated from OpenSUSE 12.3. Please note that there are differences both in Apache2 and in PHP5 that require modification of config files. Currently I don't know all that I did, but you should be able to google for it now that you know what to look for.

I hope this helps.  Thanks for the help for this great software (Paul and Attila).

Cheers, Niclas

----