Re: Preference file *.tmp could not be opened

On 1/14/15, Krzs <krozus73@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi List,
> i can't login to my squirrelmail installation due to this error:
>
>> Preference file,
>> /var/local/squirrelmail/data/my@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, could not be
>> opened. Contact your system administrator to resolve this issue.
>
> this file extension *.tmp doesn't exist, i show you the
> squirrelmail/data content and permissions:
>
>> ~ # ls -la /var/local/squirrelmail/data/ total 20K drwxr-sr-x 3
>> www-data www-data 4.0K Nov 21 01:52 . drwxr-sr-x 4 www-data
>> www-data 4.0K Nov 19 13:13 .. -rw------- 1 www-data www-data    0
>> Nov 21 01:02 my@maildomain.abook drwx--S--T 2 www-data www-data
>> 4.0K Nov 21 01:46 my@maildomain.gnupg -rw-rw-rw- 1 www-data
>> www-data  604 Nov 21 01:52 my@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -rw------- 1 www-data
>> www-data   36 Nov 21 00:41 .pref

Try not munging carriage returns.  Check the parent directories to
make sure they allow the web server to get to this directory.  Try to
remember what you changed.  If it was working before, you changed
permissions on something.  Maybe the web server runs under a different
username now.  Who knows....

--
Paul Lesniewski
SquirrelMail Team