Re: 2 simultaneous languages

2013.11.27 07:32 Dave Dillabough rašė:
> I'm running squirrelmail 1.4.22 on a Centos 6.3 system. My language is set
> to English which works well for my day to day mail but I do get the
> occasional Japanese email message which squirrelmail does not display
> correctly. It looks like the character set is not being properly
> recognized. Similarly any message that I compose in Japanese is also
> mangled.
>
> If I set the squirrelmail language to Japanese under Options->Languages
> everything works fine so I don't think that the issue is with the
> underlying system. Also other mail clients work OK with the same mailbox
> so the text in the mailbox is OK. The issue is with Squirrelmail
> interpreting the text incorrectly. I have tried multiple browsers with the
> same result.

Switching to Japanese does not prove that nothing wrong with the system.
Japanese translation is in own ecosystem designed to work for Japanese.

> My question. Can Squirrelmail work in 2 languages simultaneously or do I
> need to switch the interface language every time I want to read or compose
> in Japanese?

Any interface in utf-8 charset AND additional decoding libraries (see
below) will work.

> I'm hoping that it is something simple that I have missed.

http://squirrelmail.org/download.php

Extra Decoding Library

SquirrelMail Webmail decoding functions are used to display and convert
messages encoded in different character sets. This extra decoding library
provides additional support for some complex Eastern and Apple x-mac
character sets.

--
Tomas