Re: Maximum account size limited to 200mb

On 05 Nov 2013, at 14:12 , shepsta <shepk9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have accounts that are over 200mb, they state squirrelmail cannot handle
> it, causes issues. I have accounts that range from 50mb to 1.2GB, most
> around 400-600mb.

This is simply not true. I have my list account which is over 2.2GB and I can access it from Squirrelmail just fine.

The one thing that does tend to mess up SM is when the INBOX contains a lot of messages. I had one user complaining of SM being slow, but he had over 10,000 emails in his INBOX. To be fair, this SM was also running on rather old hardware and this was not under dovecot.

Since moving to a newer machine (still old, but not as old) and switching to dovecot on the backend, SM has been very usable, though I don't know if anyone has 10,000+ emails in their inbox.

--
'I'm not a thief, madam. But if I were, I would be the kind that steals
fire from the gods.' 'We've already got fire.' 'There must be an upgrade